MARVEL AT THE MARBLE
While we’re all spending plenty more time at home, why not use those extra minutes wisely? Salon pros, watch out: we’ve got a step-by-step guide to create your own marbled nail art, and it’s not as hard as you might think. All it takes is a steady hand, patience and a little TLC. Oh, and the beauty bits below:
You Will Need: Back To Life Base Coat, White Out, SOS Pen and 45 Second Top Coat, as well as a square of foil, a thin fine-line brush and a rounded brush.
- You want to keep your nails protected while wearing polish, so apply one coat of our Back To Life Base Coat. (Our golden rule is to always wear a base coat as it preps your nails pre any nail polish). It creates a smooth, flawless canvas ensuring perfect application and longwearing results.
- Time to get artsy (you won’t need any kind of creative degree for this, we promise). Decant a few drops of White Out (a pure white polish) and more Back To Life Base Coat onto the foil, treating it like a pro painter’s palette.
- Taking a brush, mix together to create a ‘milky-white’. Now you’re a real artist.
- Starting at the top corner, paint down and across, then pick up some more paint, and brush in the opposite direction. Each nail and line should look ‘randomly placed’ to recreate a marble effect. See our video for visual instructions.
- Taking a rounded rush, blend out the white lines. Using the base colour to blend out also creates a softness (pro tip). You will need to do this for every nail to be able to blend before the white has dried. If you want to create extra depth, cuff the cuticle with excess polish.
- Now for the magic touch – paint a second thin coat of our Back To Life Base Coat as a ‘blurring’ layer. See, it’s a true multi-tasker – it’s not just for a simple mani.
- Have a quick neaten up to perfect your design. Bring the SOS Pen to the rescue for tidying up the edges or any smudges before the next step – it’s quick and hassle-free to use.
- Most importantly, make sure you protect. Swipe a coat of our 45 Second Top Coat for speedy drying time and to seal in all of your hard work. Now show it off to all of your friends. Bonus: you can do all of this from the comfort of your living room!
Our nail polish range is #crueltyfree and #vegan, designed to keep your nails 100% happy and healthy, because you know, nails get bored too.
Share the love and tag us IRL over on Instagram @nailsinc - we are also here to answer any questions you may have and let us know what nail tutorials you would like to see!
#beyourincredibleself #crueltyfree #vegan #stayathomeselfcare #athomemanicure #nailart #marblenails
Read More Articles
45 Second Speedy Manicure
Take our speedy gloss range for a spin. Watch as it flash dries in just 45 seconds, so glossy it looks like a gel – no trip to the salon needed.Read More >
DIY = Do It Yourshellf
You might have seen this look on the likes of Kendall Jenner or Ariana Grande. Get ready to try the tortoiseshell on your digits – no celeb manicurist needed (although, that would be nice).Read More >
The colour of love, passion, strawberries, wine… we think you get the hint. Read on for a step-by-step mani tutorial, in honour of the trend-defying tone: red.Read More >