TURN UP THE TONAL THIS SUMMER
Get the look with this beautiful minimalist DIY gradient manicure.
It’s understated elegance, perfect for those who can’t make a decision on what shade to wear because this trend encourages you to wear four! If it’s tone-on-tone dressing you're into, see this look as a way to accessorise any outfit.
Try The Trend:
We have used our tonal kit ‘Keep It Tonal’ as the polish example because we have done the hard work for you and picked 4 complimentary shades. If you don’t have this kit, the trick is to pick four shades from the same family and follow the simple steps below.
- As with anything, the best nails have the best foundations. Start with a base coat – our bestselling base coat, to be precise. We strongly recommend NailKale because it is packed with nail strengthening properties and acts as a smooth canvas pre any colour.
- Now, we’re going to start on the outside and work our way in, so pick the darkest shade you have and paint onto your thumb and baby finger. We are using Chamomile Street, a rich mocha brown. Alternatively, we’d suggest navy or berry red works really well.
- Of course as we’re working on a gradient, the next shade should be a medium tone, and it should be painted onto your forefinger. Here we’ve picked Beech Gardens, a khaki green – it’s the perfect middle ground to set the tone for lighter colours.
- We’re nearly there. Lighter colours next, so take a cool shade and swipe a layer onto your middle finger. We’ve chosen French Ordinary Court, but there are plenty of sandy neutrals to deliberate over.
- Onto the last colour – the lightest one. Opt for the palest colour of your selection and paint it onto your ring finger. We are using Mansion House Street a light mushroom grey, but you could use a white or another pale nude shade, alternatively.
- You can’t do all of this hard work without sealing it in. So finish off this minimal soft gradient mani with your favourite top coat to keep the colour looking fresh and make it chip resistant. We’re going for our 45 Second Touch Dry Top Coat enriched with retinol for a long lasting protective gloss finish.
Our nail polish range is #crueltyfree and #vegan, designed to keep your nails 100% happy and healthy, because you know, nails get bored too.
Share the love and tag us IRL over on Instagram @nailsinc - we are also here to answer any questions you may have and let us know what nail tutorials you would like to see!
#beyourincredibleself #vegan #crueltyfree #athomemanicure #gradientmanicure #tonalnails
Read More Articles
Be-Leaf In The Plant Power
Two unbeleafable sets have joined the Plant Power squad. Brand new collections, each fuelled by our 73% plant-based formula – autumn just got a lot greener.Read More >
It's Only Neutral
This is the new neutral! From blue to blush, we’ve bottled the cool-toned neutral shades to give you the next minimal mani. Here’s how we’d wear it…Read More >
Meet the Founder
Ever wondered how it all started? Here’s an insight into the INC.redible world of our founder, Thea Green MBE, and how the brand found its success.Read More >